Some husbands buy their wives flowers to decorate their table. Mine buys me….
….basil? Ha! Actually, we went to get a bunch of basil for some meals this week and the farmer thought the bunch he grabbed us was too small. So, he threw in another free of charge! Some will be used for the intended meals this week and the rest has been made into a super duper batch of pesto.
We also picked up just a few miscellaneous other things at the market, but otherwise are just using what we got in our share. We got tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, eggplants, jalapenos, and green beans. We hope to leave the fridge produce free by the time we leave for vacation.
- Caprese salad and sourdough – sometimes you want a quick meal and one that lets you taste the veggies at their best. Fresh mozzarella is a bit of a splurge, but worth it!
- Grilled eggplant and peppers with a cucumber and cherry tomato salad – This is another quick one, but a good way to taste the veggies in all their glory.
- BLTs and sweet corn – I just can’t resist the sweet corn these days.
- Carrot soup – Don’t worry, this one is just for Chris. For some reason he always makes it when I’m away. It’s like I he knows I don’t love carrots or something…
- Egg sandwich – Another one for Chris, but it’s a tasty one. I’m kind of sad I’ll miss it!
- Dill green beans – They warned us that the green beans we got this week were tougher than previous batches, and we had a ton from last week. So we pickled them to see how they turned out. We’ll see in a couple of weeks.
- Pickled jalapenos – We pickled these at the same time because we had 5 that we didn’t yet have a use for!
- Granola bars – A must have for traveling and a long standing hankering for me.