We had to do a bit of rearranging from last week because we neglected to make the pizza dough in time. But I’m glad we waited because the crust was one of the best we’ve had with that recipe in a while.
I have a post on the curried sweet potato and lentil stew coming up. It’s definitely not a spring time meal (although here it’s apparently summer – 83 degrees, seriously?), but I do suggest it for a hearty winter meal. If you remember it come next winter….
Here’s what we’ve got going on this week.
- Okonomiyaki – I read a blog that is doing a dine-in for Japan (donate money to the relief effort instead of eating out). So, we thought it’d be perfect to try a new Japanese recipe. Chris characterized it best when he said ‘this is the strangest pancake I’ve ever had!’. We put mushrooms, cabbage, bacon and leek in it and topped it with tonkatsu sauce and mayo. It was weird but tasty!
- Egg salad sandwiches with cucumber salad – For some reason I wanted this. So, I put it on the menu. Nothing too exciting about it!
- Falafels – We had some dill and mint leftover from last week, so tzatziki seemed like a logical conclusion. Right?
- Lasagna – Chris’ bachelor lasagna may not be fancy, but it’s certainly yummy.
- Spanakopita – We froze half of it from last week, so it makes a perfect on the run meal.
- Thin crust pizza and salad – Mom and Aunt D will be here Saturday. And since we can make the dough and sauce in advance, it’ll be a nice meal to put together without having to ignore out guests. (c: