I had a minor fit on Wednesday of last week and desperately did not want to cook. So, my husband happily obliged and off we went to the Scholar’s Inn Bakehouse. We lucked out and they had a great deal (though it’s very reasonably priced even when they don’t have a deal going). Chris got breakfast of eggs, hash browns, sausage and of course their toasted farmer’s bread. I got a sausage, tomato sauce and provolone panini with french fries and a Pepsi.
It’s pretty well known that I love french fries. But, I also love Pepsi. Not so much from the can or bottle. Mostly when it’s straight from the fountain. I drink it so rarely, and most places around here serve Coca-Cola anyway, so it was really quite a treat. That, along with french fries and nibbling off Chris’ plate, made me quite a spoiled girl. If this is what I get when I throw a fit, I really should do it more often. (c:
Also, the farmer’s market opened up this week. Armed with some farm fresh eggs, lettuce and sweet potatoes, here’s what we’re eating this week…
P.S. The double broccoli quinoa from last week? It’s a must make. It’s not hard, and it’s timed well so it comes together quickly without constantly waiting for the next thing. It does use a lot of dishes, but it was well worth it and SOOOO filling.
- Spanakopita – I’ve been eying this one for a while, and since the spinach we needed was on sale I signed us up.
- Baked potato soup – We’re making one half batch to take to a family that just had a baby, and another for us to have lunches for the week. Our crock pot is too small for the whole recipe to fit!
- Smith melts – This is a leftover from last week, but I’m still looking forward to it!
- Salad – This is a made up meal, but we’ll fry up some tofu leftover from last week. We’ll have that over our farmer’s market lettuce with some orange pepper, celery, carrots, dried cherries and nuts. Maybe some feta?
- Curried sweet potato and lentil soup – I found this in a vegetarian cookbook I had lying around and it looks like it can be made in the crock pot. I like easy and tasty recipes!
- PW’s bacon, leek and potato pizza – This is really tasty. We splurged on the cheeses – it has fresh mozzarella and goat cheese. Mmmm.
- Dutch baby pancake – We watched them cook this on Cook’s Country the other day and it looked like a simple fill in meal for a Saturday.