This week is a little less intense on the freezer and pantry clean outs. But, we’re still using a lot of things we had around. It’s amazing what you find when you organize cupboards!
- Skillet skyline chili – We’ve made this before (not the skillet version) and it was really tasty. I’ve been craving it, and we have the ground beef in the freezer so I figured it was time. Also fits in well since it’s been cold again this weekend!
- Black bean burgers – We have Chris’ homemade rolls to go with them and we’ll load them up with sprouts, lettuce, tomato and cheese.
- Not Authentic Miso soup – We know this isn’t authentic, but it’s quick and easy and we have most of the ingredients on hand. Plus it tastes darn good. We’re adding soba noodles and some napa cabbage to stretch it a bit more.
- Butter chicken – File this recipe under things not good for you, but enjoy it all the same. We’re cutting out two of the chicken breasts to add a red pepper instead…maybe that will balance it out?
- Broccoli quinoa – This was posted late Friday afternoon. I couldn’t get it out of my mind. Plus broccoli is on sale and we already have the quinoa. I’m excited to try it!
- Smith melts – I’m trying to rehash these again. They’ll have spinach, onion, mushrooms and sesame seeds sauteed. Put all that on bread with mayonnaise, top with cheese and broil it. We’ll see if I nail it this time!