Thankfully I’m feeling much better these days! I’m still coughing here and there, but it’s nothing like it was last week.
Also, James Taylor was amazing. He is talented on his own, but he and his son blend together so well. And the father/son dynamics are adorable to boot. Despite the flat tire we got from the Indianapolis pot holes on the way and the amount the tickets cost, I would do it again in an instant. It also helps that we got an amazing dinner beforehand from my friend’s mom – a veggie chili that I politely asked (demanded) for the recipe. Maybe we’ll be able to share it with you soon!
Every once in a while it’s really hard to come up with a weekly meal plan. This was one of those weeks and even what I came up with seems a little forced. I’m going to blame it on the ‘not quite spring but not done with winter yet’ weather. I’m ready for spring/summer produce even though it’s not there, and I’m tired of heavy winter foods. Please remind me of this statement when it’s 100% humidity and stifling hot this summer. (c:
- Greek pita pizzas – I made some hummus for snacks this week, and some pita chips from the leftover pitas from last week. These were another way to make sure the pitas didn’t go to waste. We topped them with hummus, red onion, cucumber, vinaigrette and feta. After they crisped up some in the oven, we topped them with some sprouts.
- Roasted lemon cabbage and egg noodles – We made this a while back and it was really good, and we had some lemons we needed use up. Hopefully the lighting will be right for pictures and I can share our tweaked recipe here.
- Pancakes with fruit and coffee cake – We’re having a friend over for a Shrove Tuesday pancake supper. We’ll have plain pancakes and a carrot cake version with a cream cheese glaze. I’m really looking forward to those, and I’ve been wanting to try a coffee cake for a while.
- Black bean tacos – We have some corn tortillas that we need to use up, so we’ll have some tacos with black beans, cheddar, cabbage, scallions, cilantro, lime and avacado.
- Chicken spaghetti – We’re cooking for the large group again this week, and this is on the menu. It’s one of our faves, so I hope that most of the people there like it as well!
- Moo shu pork – I was wanting pork this week for some reason, so we figured this was worth a try.